Please read this document carefully before accessing NGVAmerica’s websites. This site is owned and operated by the Natural Gas Vehicle Coalition (“dba” NGVAmerica). Your continued use of NGVAmerica.org, NGVC.org, NGV.com, or any other internet sites operated by NGVAmerica, indicates that you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and NGVAmerica’s Code of Conduct. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions or Code of Conduct, you must immediately terminate use of these sites.
1. Restrictions. Unless otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions or you receive NGVAmerica’s written consent, you may not modify, translate, create derivative works of, copy, distribute, market, display, remove, or alter any proprietary notices or labels from, lease, sell, sublicense, clone, transfer, decompile, reverse engineer, or incorporate into any information retrieval system (electronic or mechanical), NGVAmerica sites, any NGVAmerica content, as defined below. You may not use the sites for: i) any unauthorized or illegal purpose or activity including, but not limited to, any activity to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the sites; (ii) interfere with the proper working of the sites including, but not limited to, the transmission of any virus, worm, trap door, back door, timer, clock, Trojan horse, denial of service attack or other limiting routine, instruction, or design; or (iii) interfere with any other person’s use and enjoyment of the sites.
2. Revisions to Terms and Conditions. NGVAmerica reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting revised Terms and Conditions to its sites. Your use of the sites signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions posted at the time of your use. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms and Conditions posted to the sites.
3. Login Information & Passwords. Certain features and areas of the sites may be available only to registered or authorized users. These areas will require the use of log-in and/or password to access content. Persons provided with log-in and password access must keep their log-in and password information confidential. You may not allow any third party to use your log-in or password. NGVAmerica is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your log-in information or password.
4. User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of NGVAmerica’s sites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the sites by other users or with the operation and management of the sites. Additionally you agree to abide by NGVAmerica’s Code of Conduct.
5. Copyrights & Ownership of Information. The content of the sites includes, without limitation, (i) trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names, and other distinctive identifications. The content on these sites is the property of NGVAmerica, its licensors, sponsors, partners, content providers, or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties, and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation, or dissemination of any NGVAmerica content by you is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from NGVAmerica or the owner of such content if NGVAmerica is not the owner. For permission to use NGVAmerica content, contact the person(s) listed at the end of this document. Any use of NGVAmerica’s marks or copyrighted materials without express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure, or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in documents or content made available on these sites, including any notices appearing on NGVAmerica sites that you are you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce.
6. Third Party Information. The sites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the sites are those of the respective third party. NGVAmerica makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services, or products.
7. Links to Websites, Content, Sharing of Content. Links posted by third parties to NGVAmerica sites or content may not use NGVAmerica’s logo unless prior written permission has been given. Nor shall third parties suggest that NGVAmerica promotes or otherwise endorses their products, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. NGVAmerica reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates its policies or rights.
8. Links to Third Party Websites. NGVAmerica’s sites may provide links (including any link through sponsor banners) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which NGVAmerica exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
9. Sharing of Content. You may download, copy, or embed NGVAmerica content and other downloadable items displayed on the sites for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any NGVAmerica content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from NGVAmerica, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the content. NGVAmerica reserves the right to require any party sharing NGVAmerica content to disable or remove the content should its use violate NGVAmerica’s policies or rights.
10. Information Provided Is Not Legal Advice. The information provided on our sites is for informational purposes only, and is not legal advice. Every effort is made to provide timely and accurate information concerning legislation, laws, regulations, as well as the other information provided here. However, the provision of this information should not be relied upon for legal purposes and should not be used instead of consulting legal counsel.
11. Warranties Disclaimed. NGVAmerica’s sites are provided “as is.” NGVAmerica’s sites provide a broad range of information and commentary. We do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the content found on our site. This web site is intended to supply general information to the public, and while we try to ensure the accuracy of this information, we cannot guarantee that this information is accurate.
12. Exclusion of and Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances will NGVAmerica, its members, directors, employees, contractors, or any other organization be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, or any other type of damages resulting from your use, or downloading of any content on our site. This includes, but is in no way limited to, loss or injury caused in whole or in part by our negligence or by circumstances beyond our control in creating or delivering any portion of NGVAmerica.org, or NGVC.org, NGV.com, or any other sites under its control. NGVAmerica specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims for damages which result from reliance on any postings by third parties.
13. Claims of Copyright Infringement. Anyone who believes that the use of their work on NGVAmerica’s sites constitutes copyright infringement should send a notice to the person(s) listed below. Please provide the following information: i) the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; ii) the location and specifics concerning the material that is claimed to be infringing; iii) an address, telephone number, and an e-mail address where the complaining party may be contacted; and iv) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
14. Indemnification. Persons using NGVAmerica’s sites agree to indemnify and hold NGVAmerica, its officers, members, and employees harmless from any claims, demands, or damages, including attorney fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the site.
15. Confidential Information. NGVAmerica does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our website. Please note that any information or material sent to NGVAmerica.org, NGVC.org, NGV.com or its other sites, will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending us any information or material, you grant us an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose.
16. Miscellaneous Provisions. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including, without limitation, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, financial loss, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, or claims of third parties. If any provision in this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. This Agreement is and always will be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, where the Natural Gas Vehicle Coalition is incorporated, and the United States of America.