NEW FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE IN CALIFORNIA
On Monday, the California Energy Commission (CEC) opened a new funding opportunity through the California Energy Commission that will provide incentives at the point of sale through OEMs and their dealers and distributors. PON-13-610 will provide $10.8 million to those purchasing a new, fully warranted NGV that will operate in California for at least three years. The funding levels vary based on the GVW of the purchased vehicle, as follows:
• Up to 8,500 lbs. GVW: $1,000 per vehicles
• 8,501 to 16,000 lbs. GVW: $6,000 per vehicle
• 16,001 to 26,000 lbs. GVW: $11,000 per vehicle
• 26,001 to 33,000 lbs. GVW: $20,000 per vehicle
• 33,001 lbs. and higher GVW: $25,000 per vehicle
Submissions will be accepted February 28 through May 1. A solicitation workshop will be held at the CEC in Sacramento on February 6. For more information, visit the CEC website or contact Debbie Jones at 916.654.4631.