AGL Takes Natural Gas on the Road for Alternative Fuel Tour
Atlanta Gas Light (AGL) announced it will join the 2015 Georgia Alternative Fuel Roadshow. Starting June 15, alternative fuel vehicles will be on display in several cities throughout Georgia. The tour dates are as follows:
- June 15 – Gainesville, Brenau Downtown Center
- June 16 – Cartersville, Tellus Science Museum
- June 17 – Albany, Dougherty Gov. Building
- June 18 – College Park, Georgia International Convention Center
- June 23 – Decatur, Agnes Scott College
- June 24 – St. Simon’s Island, Sea Palms Resort
- June 25 – Valdosta, Valdosta State University
- June 26 – Savannah, Savannah Convention Center
“The Alternative Fuel Roadshow is a great opportunity for decision makers to learn more about natural gas and other alternative fuel vehicles available to them on the market,” said Bryan Batson, president of Atlanta Gas Light, which operates a fleet of natural gas vehicles. “We are happy to be supporters of the roadshow, which continues to highlight natural gas and other fuel sources as a viable transportation option.”
In addition to learning about the economics and general practices of implementing and financing alternative fuel fleets, attendees will hear from local officials from host cities, which now operate CNG refuse trucks, pickup trucks, sedans and other CNG vehicles in their fleets.
Private sector leaders who have adopted alternative fuels will also share their experiences during the tour. Companies such as AT&T, Mansfield Clean Energy Partners, and The Langdale Company have made significant investments transitioning to natural gas for their fleet vehicles.
Register for the closest tour stop near you to find out more. Registration is free to fleets and government. To learn more about the Alternative Fuel Roadshow, visit www.afvroadshow.com.