The Connecticut DEEP submitted it Final Beneficiary Mitigation Plan to the Trustee on April 26, 2018. A copy of the plan is provided below.
85% Flex Funds
15% EV Light Duty Infrastructure
VW Trust Funding Opportunity: CT DEEP announced the availability of $7.5 million to fund the replacement or repower of older, dirtier diesel vehicles and engines. Funds will be awarded through an open, competitive and transparent process.
Dates: The funding opportunity opened May 30 and closes July 31, 2018.
Webinar: June 19, 2018; details available below. Pre-registration is required.
Both non-government and government entities are eligible to apply for funding to implement the following eligible mitigation projects:
- Replacement or Repower of On-Road Heavy Duty Vehicles (Class 8 Local Freight Trucks and Port Drayage Trucks, Class 4-8 School Bus, Shuttle Bus, or Transit Bus, and Class 4-7 Local Freight Trucks)
- Replacement or Repower of Non-Road Equipment (Airport Ground Support Equipment, Forklifts and Port Cargo Handling Equipment)
- Repower or Engine Upgrades for Commercial Marine Vessels (Ferries, Tugs)
- Shorepower for Ocean-Going Vessels
- Replacement or Repower of Locomotives (Freight Switchers)
Interested persons should review the guidance, instructions and proposal forms below for more information regarding this grant program and contact DEEP if you have any questions.
Diesel Emissions Mitigation Program - Project Proposal Form (MSWord | pdf)
Diesel Emissions Mitigation Program - Guidance and Instructions (pdf)
Diesel Emissions Mitigation Program - Program Announcement (pdf)
Projects initiated prior to filing an application for the program are not eligible for funding and submittal of an application is not a guarantee that a proposed project will be funded. For information see CT Funding Page.