NH released its final plan in early September 2018. The plan includes the following eligible categories and funding allocations.
- Class 8 Local Freight Trucks and Port Drayage Trucks
- Class 4-8 School Buses, Shuttle Buses or Transit Buses
- Class 4-7 Local Freight Trucks (Medium Trucks)
- Airport Ground Support Equipment
- Light Duty Zero Emission Vehicle Supply Equipment
- Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) Option
- 50% or $15 million for Public/Government Vehicles and Equipment – includes funding for categories 1, 2, 6, and 10 above.
- $9.3 for municipal fleets
- $6.2 for state vehicles
- 15% or $4.6 million for electric vehicle infrastructure
- 20% or $6.2 million for competitive solicitation public and private for categories 1, 2, 6, 7 and 10
- 15% or $4.6 million for Administrative
Funding Solicitation – Round 1 Open Oct. 1 – Oct. 22, 2018
NH authorities have announced the first round of funding as part of the state’s DERA effort. For fiscal year 2018 (July 2018 through June 2019), the DERA grant funding is being matched with Volkswagen Trust funds, ensuring the state qualifies for the federal match bonus and includes approximately $1.2 million. Grant funding is available with a required match by the grantee; the match requirement depends on the project (i.e., an engine replacement requires a match of 60%; a vehicle replacement requires a match of 75%; a drayage truck replacement requires a match of 50%). EPA also offers competitive grants. The first round of project proposal requests will be from October 1 through October 22. Round 2 applications (if funds are still available) will be accepted from October 23 through November 16 and if needed a third round will be held from November 17 through December 14. Any questions can be directed to Elizabeth Strachan at Elizabeth.Strachan@des.nh.gov (603) 271-8330. More details available here: https://www.des.nh.gov/organization/divisions/air/tsb/tps/msp/diesel-vehicles/dera.htm.