NH released its final plan in early September 2018. The plan includes the following eligible categories and funding allocations.
- Class 8 Local Freight Trucks and Port Drayage Trucks
- Class 4-8 School Buses, Shuttle Buses or Transit Buses
- Class 4-7 Local Freight Trucks (Medium Trucks)
- Airport Ground Support Equipment
- Light Duty Zero Emission Vehicle Supply Equipment
- Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) Option
- 50% or $15 million for Public/Government Vehicles and Equipment – includes funding for categories 1, 2, 6, and 10 above.
- $9.3 for municipal fleets
- $6.2 for state vehicles
- 15% or $4.6 million for electric vehicle infrastructure
- 20% or $6.2 million for competitive solicitation public and private for categories 1, 2, 6, 7 and 10
- 15% or $4.6 million for Administrative
School Bus Funding Opportunity: The New Hampshire Office of Strategic Initiatives (OSI) is requesting proposals for a Propane/CNG School Bus Replacement Program (Program). The Program, which will replace diesel school buses with propane or compressed natural gas school buses, is utilizing approximately $750,000 of VW Environmental Mitigation Trust funding. Proposals will be accepted until Friday July 12th, 2019 at 4:00PM. Additional information as well as a draft application is available on the VW page of the OSI website https://www.nh.gov/osi/energy/programs/vw-trust-funding.htm. Any questions can be directed to Tim White at Timothy.White@des.nh.gov (603) 271-5552.
Webinar: An informational webinar about the School Bus Funding Program and the application process will be held on Friday June 7th, 2019 at 1 PM. Interested parties may register in advance for the webinar at the following link https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/934406062330775809