NGVAmerica Participates in 2015 NTEA Work Truck Show
This week, NGVAmerica participated in the 2015 NTEA Work Truck Show (March 3–6) and the Green Truck Summit (March 2–3) held at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Stephe Yborra, NGVAmerica Director of Market Development, spoke during the opening session of the Green Truck Summit and presented a breakout session about vehicle up-fitting regulations and guidelines with Landi Renzo’s Barry Carr.
The expo featured a Productivity & Fuels Pavilion (a “Green” zone) that many NGVAmerica members and others in the industry participated in. As has been the case in years past, NGVs dominated the alternative fuel vehicles on display on the showroom floor. Vehicles included:
• Ford Transit 250 up-fitted with a CNG system by Venchurs Vehicle Systems.
• Freightliner 114 SD with Cummins Westport (CWI) ISX-12G engine, Allison 4500 RDS, and Agility 45 DGE dual side-mount tanks.
• Freightliner Custom Chasis featuring GM 6.0L Vortec engine and Luxfer dual side-mount tanks.
• Ford F-550 bi-fuel with a Landi Renzo fuel system and back-of-cab storage.
• Ford F-650 two truck with a Landi Renzo fuel system and dual 20.5 GGE Quantum tanks.
• Chevy 2500 Silverado bi-fuel with a 6.0L engine.
• Peterbilt 337 with a CWI ISL-G 8.9L engine and Agility dual side-mount tanks.
• Kenworth T880 with a CWI ISX-12G engine and Trilogy dual 45 DGE side-mount tanks by Luxfer.
• Chevy Express van with bi-fuel system from IMPCO.
• Ford F-650 XL bi-fuel system from IMPCO with dual side-mount tanks.
The Work Truck Show also hosted a popular Ride-and-Drive that featured seven NGVs for participants to experience the performance of vehicles out on the road. Vehicles included:
• Kenworth T880 CNG Dump Truck featuring the Cummins Westport ISX-12G engine and the Allison 4500 RDS transmission.
• Freightliner Cascadia CNG Tractor featuring the CWI ISX-12G engine and the Allison 4000 series transmission.
• Chevy 1500 Silverado pick-up with an IMPCO bi-fuel system.
• Isuzu Commercial Trucks of America Low Cab Forward N-Series (NPR-HD) chassis with a 14’ body featuring an IMPCO bi-fuel system.
• Kenworth T880 straight truck roll-off system featuring the CWI ISX-12G engine.
• Kenworth T680 featuring the CWI ISX-12G engine, Trilogy package using Luxfer tanks, Eaton Ultra Shift, and Smartway aerodynamic package.
• Peterbilt 382 Day Cab featuring the CWI ISL-G 8.9L engine and an Agility 75 DGE package.