2017 West Coast-to-East Coast NGV Road Rally Announced
NGVAmerica is excited to announce plans for this year’s 2017 Drive NatGas ‘Sea-to-Shining-Sea’ NGV Road Rally Across America. The benefits of using CNG, LNG, and RNG in transportation and the variety of vehicles available today that operate on natural gas will be incorporated into multiple stops throughout the country over a two-week period this June.
The west coast-to-east coast road rally will also draw media attention to the historic VW settlement program and serve to educate state officials on how NGVs are the most cost-effective use of funds for clean transportation projects outlined in the $2.9 billion Environmental Mitigation Trust Fund.
We are seeking sponsorships from membership to defray costs to make this national media event a success. There are three ways to support this effort:
- A $1,500 Venue Sponsorship
- An Event Sponsorship (Absorb the cost of a destination location of your choice)
- Vehicles: We need NGVs at each stop in addition to volunteers to provide several vehicles to participate in the road rally, whether it be driving the entire coast-to-coast route or simply participating in one or more legs of the trip along the way.
Last year’s successful Long Beach, California-to-Washington, DC, ten-day, 13-stop road trip accomplished several goals:
- Created a celebratory atmosphere around the benefits of NGVs that supporters of the rally used with customers and policymakers
- Provided a venue to present ~ 50 awards to state officials and stakeholders who championed natural gas issues
- Served to educate attendees on NGVs’ value proposition
- Proved that NGV range anxiety is a myth
- Garnered positive media attention
For more information or to support this initiative, contact Tom Sheehan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 925-1136.