The plan includes the following allocations:
- 52% or $21.32 million - Onroad Equipment and Vehicles: Class 4-8 trucks and Class 4-8 school, shuttle, and transit buses
- 40% or $8.53 million for school buses
- 60% or $12.79 million for trucks and buses
- 20% or $8.2 million - Nonroad Equipment and Vehicles: airport ground support equipment, forklifts and port cargo handling equipment, ferries and tugboats, and freight-switcher locomotives
- 10% or $4.1 million - DERA Option: idle reduction technologies, diesel engine Repower and Replacements using fuel options not permitted under Volkswagen, diesel engine upgrades, and exhaust after treatments
- 15% or $6.15 million - Light-Duty Electric Infrastructure
- 3% or $1.23 million - Administrative Costs
IDEM does not intend to fund any heavy duty electric vehicle infrastructure because this would create inequity with other alternative fuel and diesel projects. In terms of funding specific project, IDEM intends follow the funding percentages set out in the Trust Agreement for non-government fleets and plans to reimburse government-owned fleets and equipment at the same level as nongovernment owned fleet and equipment owners, as opposed to the full cost reimbursement permitted.
Funding Opportunity - Deadline April 30, 2020
$9.83M for CNG Refuse Trucks and AF School Buses: For Round 2, IDEM will distribute awards ranging from $50,000 to $2 million with a total of $9.83 million available. Qualifying projects include replacing older, higher emission diesel garbage trucks with newer, cleaner, compressed natural gas-powered vehicles or replacing old diesel school buses with new clean-diesel, alternative fuel or electric buses. The Committee expects to select projects by June 2020 with funds awarded soon thereafter. Public and private entities may submit applications, and the Request for Proposals (RFP) deadline is April 30, 2020. Application information can be found at http://www.idem.IN.gov/vwtrust. Questions about the RFP process can be directed to: Shawn M. Seals, Senior Environmental Manager, IDEM, (317) 233-0425; SSeals@idem.IN.gov.