The Michigan DEQ released a final plan on October 29, 2018. The goals of the Michigan Beneficiary Mitigation Plan are:
- To reduce NOx emissions and maximize air quality benefits statewide with an emphasis on priority areas (areas designated as non-attainment and maintenance areas for the National Ambient Air Quality Standards);
- To reduce diesel emissions from school buses statewide;
- To increase adoption of zero emission vehicles (ZEV) and alternate fuel vehicles and equipment.
- Class 4 – 8 Freight Trucks, Drayage Trucks, Shuttle Buses & Transit Buses – 30% or $19.4 million
- Class 4 – 8 School Buses – 20% or $12.9 million
- Freight Switchers, Ferries & Other Non-Road Equipment – 25% or $16.2 million
- Light Duty ZEV Infrastructure – 15% or $6.4 million